First I apologize for my mini hiatus from my blog.
These past weeks were weeks of skilled scheduling, and hard workouts.
I had to double up a few workouts to accommodate other commitments and conflicts.
- Getting ALL my workouts done as scheduled in a single week
- Having a clean house and bills done
(This and #1 didn't happen every week - but I'm getting much better at it)
- Doing a non-masters swim workout that back in Nov would have seemed hard, is now manageable and even, dare I say, easy?!
- NOT stopping during computrainer class when all the other guys in the class stopped during the toughest parts
- Running my half marathon course averaging 9 min miles during my TRAINING run
- Running that same course thinking the hills aren’t as bad as everyone made them out to be. (we’ll see how I feel about that during the race this weekend)
- I can see my abs! Thanks Kate!
- Did well in both swim meets
- Ran in 8 degrees with a wind chill of -2
- Learned how to drink a Gatorade slushy while running
- Learned how to warm up my Gu
- Got my 5k pace down to a 7:45 minute mile! (granted this was only for 5 mins- but still!!)
- Ran with a hangover (found out wine is no good for me!)
- Since mid Dec: 22.5 hours of swimming; 24.5 hours of biking; 19 hours of running; 20 hours of strength training- phew!